As you undoubtedly know, Halloween is just around the corner! (Tuesday, October 31)
Dr. Hagstrom recently sent a letter home setting expectations for a fun and safe celebration in school. Just in case you missed it, it’s attached to the bottom of this post.
Here are some of those guidelines.
- Students and teachers are allowed to wear costumes as long as they are safe and appropriate.
- Some things that would be considered inappropriate:
• Masks or headpieces that deter clear vision
• Long skirts that would be difficult to use on the stairs or in gym class
• Props that could be considered weapons
- Parties for grades 2-8 will be held on the last period of the day.
- At the party, only wrapped store-bought treats are allowed.
- Teachers may have an instructional activity that has a Halloween theme, or a craft project, or story project. No videos will be allowed.
- The Early Childhood Center will have their Halloween Carnival in the CAC.
I believe that all first floor (Grades K-1) will be allowed to attend.
- Kindergarteners will parade through the school in their costumes.
Have a safe and Happy Halloween!