Dr. Riskus sent an email earlier this evening with some important information, and the PTA wants to make sure that everybody gets a chance to see it.
The basic points are as follows, but please, READ THE LETTER, as there may be important information that is not included in this summary.
- Starting on Tuesday, classes have been canceled.
However, students will be learning via an online process. Work will continue online, with students receiving work assignments from their teacher by 8 am either on the teacher’s website or on Google Classroom. (links will be sent home via a packet on Monday) Teachers will be available via email throughout the day. It is permitted to communicate through a student’s CPS email account, Google Hangout, or Class Website. It is not permitted to communicate through a student’s personal mobile device or a student’s personal email account.
- There is school on Monday.
All absences for Monday will be excused. If your student doesn’t come in, you may not enter the school for their books or materials. Teachers will email all information to students, and a home computer (and access to the internet) should be sufficient to complete all work.
- If you do not have a computer at home.
The school will loan you an Ipad. Ipad’s will be your responsibility, and if they are broken, lost, or stolen, you may be on the hook for them financially. A loan agreement is included below. If your child needs the iPad because there is no computer at home, call the main office with a special request: 773-534-5840.
- Meals will be available at your closest CPS school starting March 17
All families will be able to pick up meals at their nearest CPS school beginning Tuesday, March 17, between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. daily. Lunchroom staff will prep, bag, and provide meals outside of the school building.
- If you have any questions, please follow the communication protocols below:
a. Email your child’s homeroom teacher with any questions or concerns
b. For questions that may not be answered by the teacher, email the following:
1. PK-1st Grade: email Mr. Smith
2. 2-4th Grade: email Ms. Olvera
3. 5th-8th Grade: email Ms. Jarvis
4. Main Office Questions: email Ms. Jones, Ms. Brown, Ms. Pacheco, or Ms. Mitchell
5. Feel free to email Mrs. Trilla: Mrs. Trilla or Dr. Riskus for administrative questions or any other concerns.
The letter sent is included below as a pdf, and the text of the letter is below. (you must have a PDF reader to view)